Are you looking for an adventure, creating friends and memories you’ll cherish forever?
Working in a beautiful cattle station in Australia’s north can be an amazing experience, some of the best times of your life.
It can also be incredibly hard if you don’t have the necessary skills. Long days in the saddle can be frustrating, tiring, painful and dangerous without the knowledge to be able to get your horse going well and controllable.
Get a head start and hit the ground running by attending one of our Jackaroo/Jillaroo courses. This is an unparalleled course combining groundbreaking horsemanship with practical knowhow giving you cutting edge information that can set you ahead of your peers.
Heath Stewart from The Horsemanship Institute is the “go to” person in the Kimberley for horsemanship training. Their courses hold great currency in the top end and this combined with their broad network they can even help you get a job.
What the Jackaroo Jillaroo horsmanship course involves;
- Easy to understand step by step instructions on how to get your horse to perform the manoeuvres to work and control cattle, including how to use your body position, rhythm and energy, legs, seat and hands to control your horse.
- How to get your horse to bend to a stop, turn on the hindquarter and forequarter, back up, go forwards in straight line, circles, serpentines and zigzags.
- How to best get your horse to walk, trot, canter and gallop and have speed control.
- Quality techniques of catching, bridling, saddling and mounting your horse quickly and safely.
- How to help your horse not feel the need to buck, kick, rear or bolt, and what to do if it happens.
- Foot handling techniques to get horses good to shoe and build confidence in the handler.
- Trailer loading tips to get horses on a truck.
- Learn where the flight zones are on cattle and how to use to position yourself on a cow to control and direct them.
- Learn when to use defense on a cow and when to use offense.
- How to work cattle as a mob.
- How to get your horse to want to work cattle and stay controllable.
- Understand the basic needs of a horse so we can work with them rather than against them in order to get what we want done.
- Why having your horse soft gets them more controllable.
- How to see mistakes as feedback creating learning opportunities to improve for next time.
- How to problem solve to work through issues.
So if you want to make your northern adventure a memorable one for all the right reasons, join us in our Jackaroo/Jillaroo Horsemanship Clinic, where you will not only learn life changing skills, you’ll have great fun!
Phone: +61 (08) 95740425